Program GSGS’20Detailed program for GSGS’20 is availlable here, updated weekly!
GSGS: an inter-professional opportunity
The GSGS addresses the demand of really user-centered products by fulfilling the needs of the industrial fabric and the applied-research innovation. This annual event backs up the fundamental link between pragmatic academy and economy, at a regional scale for short and dynamic projects as well as at a national or global scale to set up long-term synergies.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Serious Games, Gameful design, game-oriented simulation, and gamification concepts or software applied to:
- Edu-market & Advertising
- Business expertise
- Construction & Architecture
- Cinema & Animation
- GSGS´19: [program & video], [proceeding book — 160 pages]
- GSGS´18: [program & video], [proceeding book — 108 pages]
- GSGS´17: [program & video], [proceeding book — 120 pages]
- GSGS´16: [program & video], [proceeding book — 48 pages]
- Short Paper — a ten-minute presentation of an innovative project/idea/concept within dedicated sessions. Talks will be held in English;
- Demo & poster — demonstration of a prototype/project/game within the exhibition room.
Right Time, Right Place For Gamification
The GSGS addresses the demand of really user-centered products by falling within the needs of the industrial fabric and the innovation produced by the applied research. This annual event backs the fundamental relation between pragmatic academy and economy, at a regional scale for short and dynamic projects as well as at a national or global scale to set up long-term synergies.
Concept of industrial gamification
The main idea consists in answering the real needs of the user by making him responsible for the professional process he masters while enhancing his efforts and his successes but also backing him up in his issues.
So, the GSGS presents tangible ideas that underline the real potential of a ludic approach to take up technical and serious challenges. This event, which brings together lots of different and varied fields while being really focused on the user’s needs, is a bridge between universities and firms. The audience will also be asked to take an active part in seminars, workshops, exchange places, round tables and social events along with 60 talks and demos.
Now, thanks to our rich experience with more than 100 national actors – mainly industries and applied research and development institutes -, we open our doors to the world to both enrich ourselves with the universal diversity and to highlight Swiss expertise.
Fields and deployment
This newly international congress focuses on all fields. Health, society, training and rehabilitation, pedagogy remain key topics at GSGS, but others start being represented as well like politics, management, economy, advertising, security, civil engineering and architecture, cinema, culture and tourism.
GSGS takes place during three days, but is also a lasting event with:
- 1 website with all the documents, activities and archives;
- 1 qualitative journal, now recognized and asked for;
- more than 100 online videos of all interventions.
- an international reviewing committee (> 50 people) which ensures quality;
- an executive committee made up of 6 people, including a president;
- an administrative committee: general management, website, archives, design, edition, printing, English-level guarantee.
A rich and dynamic program:
- Day 1
- morning: seminars;
- afternoon: practical workshops
- Days 2 and 3
- 30 to 40 short lectures;
- 40 to 50 publications certified by the reviewing committee;
- 3 to 4 lectures carried out by international “invited guests”;
- 20 to 30 demos during two days for the entire audience;
- 1 to 2 round tables animated by a journalist.
Linked and rewarding activities
- on Wednesday evening: “Invited Guest and executive committee” evening;
- on Thursday evening: social event;
- 3 awards: best demo, best speech, best original idea;
- on Friday evening: Gala evening for NIFFF’s VIPs;
- 1 serious game to be discovered in the brochure and during the symposium, the Gala evening, the demos and by meeting the presenters and talking to them.
Video Canal Alpha